24 Aug Nuts & Bolts of Tulsa Motorcycle Insurance
The Nuts & Bolts of Tulsa Motorcycle Insurance
Although the Tulsa motorcycle insurance policy is very similar to the personal auto policy, you will never find a policy where they are combined. The personal auto policy is for vehicles with at least four wheels, and motorcycles will not qualify – at least not yet. The Tulsa motorcycle Insurance policy is a package deal made up of several different coverages:
- Bodily Injury Liability – This coverage pays for injuries or deaths you cause in an at-fault accident.
- Property Damage Liability – This coverage pays for property damage you cause in an at-fault accident. It will also pay to reimburse the other driver’s rental expenses.
- Passenger Liability – Pays for injuries to your passenger in an at-fault accident.
- Uninsured/Under insured Motorist – Similar to the personal auto policy, this coverage pays for your injuries if you are hit by an uninsured or under-insured motorist.
- Medical Payments – Since this coverage pays for your injuries and your passenger’s injuries, you should buy as much as you can afford. Especially if you don’t have medical insurance. States that don’t have a helmet law normally require riders to carry this coverage if they are going to ride sans helmet.
- Collision – This pays to repair or replace your motorcycle if you are in an at-fault accident subject to the deductible you select.
- Comprehensive – Will pay for damages to your motorcycle for reasons other than a collision. This is the coverage that pays for theft or damages resulting from hitting an animal or vandalism.
- Additional Equipment – Many riders will add additional equipment to their motorcycles such as saddlebags, windshield, custom crash bars, GPS equipment and communications This coverage will pay for this equipment if stolen or damaged in an at-fault accident.
There are many insurance companies offering Tulsa motorcycle insurance and some of them even specialize in this coverage. The motorcyclist should call or visit with an experienced agent or broker to determine which company offers the best value and rates.