Phone: (918) 574-6262
Fax: (918) 205-1562
Address: 427 S Boston Ave Suite 518
Tulsa, OK 74103

Are You Covered?


It’s best to know what your insurance policy covers before you need it. We can help you understand what type of water damage is covered by your home owners insurance policy and when you’re on your own to pay for repairs. Your agent is trained to explain your coverage in plain language. They can also help you decide if you need additional flood insurance.


Homeowners Insurance vs. Flood Insurance


There are two types of policies that cover losses due to water damage—homeowners insurance and flood insurance. These provide two separate and distinct types of coverage. They do not duplicate coverage, but complement it.


Most homeowner policies cover damage to your home caused by a sudden and accidental water event, like a burst pipe, wind-driven rain or melting snow that seeps into your home after a winter storm.


Water damage caused by poor home maintenance such as overfilled gutters, lack of roof upkeep, condensation buildup due to inadequate ventilation or ignored leaks is generally not covered.


Flood damage to your home and belongings is also not covered under your homeowner policy, but it could be with a separate flood insurance policy. Information about the National Flood Insurance Program is available online and at the local office of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.