Don’t let the pleasure your boat provides you be taken away by thieves. When your boat is not in the water, always store it in a secured location.
There are special locks available to secure your trailer, propellers, outboard motors and removal equipment. There also are alarms that monitor for theft, sinking and fire.
Follow these simple precautions to protect your boat or personal watercraft from theft:
- Never leave keys in the ignition.
- Never leave your PWC unattended at docks or on beaches.
- Chain your PWC to others, if in a group on shore. (Chaining PWC to others in the water can scratch the hulls.)
- Permanently affix your Hull Identification Number (HIN) in a secret, unexposed location.
- Record your Hull Identification Number and keep it in a safe place. It may help you identify your watercraft if it’s stolen.