Insurance Fraud Hurts All of Us with Higher Premiums.
Insurance fraud is a significant challenge facing us today. The problem can range from such things as fabricated claims, exaggerated losses, or organized criminal rings. Its reach can include multiple insurance companies and span virtually every state.
How to Report Insurance Fraud
Call National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB®) hotline at 800-TEL-NICB / 800-835-6422 immediately if you suspect any of the following:
- Faked or inflated auto or home losses
- Intentionally set home or auto fires
- Staged auto and slip/fall accidents
- Phony or inflated medical, auto, or home repair bills
- Misrepresenting the ability to work (claiming medical disability)
- Arson of any kind